The Georgetown Journal of History is now accepting submissions for our Spring 2019 edition! The Journal is an online, academic publication run by undergraduates at Georgetown University. We publish undergraduate history work covering all regions and eras. Submissions are open to all majors, but must be historically oriented.
The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. on January 20, 2019. Submissions should be emailed (in Microsoft Word format) to GeorgetownHistoryJournal@gmail.com and adhere to the following guidelines:
• Articles should not exceed 6,000 words, but should be no less than 2,500 words (Bibliography included).
• Articles should be in Chicago style.
• The document should be named “First Name Last Name.”
• Each submission should be accompanied by a biography of the author of about 150 words, and a title page with the author’s name and college/university affiliation.
• Papers previously submitted to classes may be submitted as long as the class, professor, and date of original submission are included in the title page. Papers may not, however, be submitted to multiple Journals. All submissions should include a written confirmation that the paper has not been and will not be submitted for consideration to another Journal before April 1, 2019.
• The Georgetown Journal of History will not accept any articles currently under review from other academic publications, journals, or conferences.
Please direct any questions to GeorgetownHistoryJournal@gmail.com.